For children aged 2 - 6 years. It has three classes: two 3 - 6 year old classes and a 2 year old toddler group.
The School at a Glance: The Children's Studio is a happy, parent-run Montessori Pre-School in Harfield Village, Claremont. The school caters for children between the ages of two and six years.
For the children who are 2 to 3 years in age, there is one class of 18 children with 3 staff members. For the 3 to 6 year olds, there are 2 classes of 26 children each, supervised by 2 staff members per class.
What we hope to achieve:
- To stimulate the child’s innate love of learning.
- To provide a nurturing, co-operative learning environment.
- To incorporate all the senses in the learning experiences.
- To consider the development of the whole child.
- To encourage respect for self, others and the environment.
- To offer an integrated approach to learning with all learning areas interwoven and connected.
- To provide an environment based on freedom within limits so that a sense of responsibility is fostered. To facilitate the development and independence through meaningful work.
- To create a learning environment that allows the child to realize the value of independence and interdependence.
- To help the child become a citizen of the world.
We hope that your child's years at The Children's Studio will be happy and will instill a love of learning that will continue in the years to come.
Parent participation: Parents are encouraged to participate in the school programme in a variety of ways. We would love you to come in and share a special interest or skill such as weaving, carpentry or any other hobby or skill you may have.
As we are a parent owned school, the school is run by a parent committee and has no government subsidy.
For this reason the parents are called upon to assist with fundraising, maintenance and gardening. We greatly appreciate all offers of help.