We all want to help the environment – the best way to do this is to recycle as much as possible.
The best way to do this is to separate out your paper plastic and metal and take this to one of the local recycling places.
The two recycling facilities closest to Harfield are:
* Oasis – www.oasisrecycling.co.za
– they are on Imam Haron road opposite the woodlands Mica 2 blocks down from Rosemead ave.
* City of Cape Town – www.capetown.gov.za
– they are off Rosmead road after the horse race course, over Wetton road and past the fire station.
* And if you are not able to drop off recycling why not take advantage of Recycle Rachel, who lives nearby in Lynfrae, and will collect your recycling twice a month for R100. – www.harfield-vllage.co.za/recycle_rachel
If the above is done, the only left over waste should be food waste, and the best thing to do in this regard is a womery – www.fullcycle.co.za
Apart from the above helping the environment it also reduces the land fill, and stops dumpster divers from invading you bin every bin day!
In addition to recycling, we should also look out for our fellow neighbours. The best way to do this is make sure you know all of your direct neighbours, exchange contact details, and know when they are away so you can keep an eye out or know who to contact when an annoying alarm goes on endlessly.
The HVCID has an initiative to do the above with street captains who are responsible for spreading security information and connect neighbours. You can find more info at www.hvcid.co.za
We also have a Hub manager – Colleen Luiz who is full time involved in making Harfield Village safer and more secure. If you are a member of the HVCID you can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call her at 081-412-6109 for all security related issues in the Village, that are not house break-ins. For House break-ins please contact your security service provider. (ADT, Princeton etc.)