Patchwork is about food gardening in Harfield Village. It’s about experimenting, being creative and resourceful, starting where we are, with what we have.
This gardening group is a platform intended to facilitate and encourage:
- Discussion around growing fruit and vegetables in our own homes
- Doing what you can with what you have
- Sharing surplus
- Helping each other
- Trading extra homegrown produce, seeds, ideas, gardening tools, inspiration
- Learning from each other: What grows well in Harfield soils, where to get good quality seeds and plants, how to face certain gardneing challenges like pest/weed control
- Natural, holistic, effective and proven gardening methods that support life and ecosystem health
- Changing the perceptions about growing your own food. It is cheaper, faster and more fun than you could imagine! There are significant health benefits, financial savings, it is an opportunity to connect with the food we eat as well as to serve as a practical learning experience for children and adults alike.
Patchwork is a Facebook page – ideas, advice and discussion are to be shared, but it is largely about empowerment, so that each person gets involved with their own homegrown goodness, in their own homes.
I post lists of what is seasonal to plant each month on the page. No question or space is too small – you can grow food that can nourish you wherever you are, with whatever you have. It all starts with one plant.
All Harfielders are invited to join the group, get going and start growing!